We received word yesterday that our mortgage application was approved, very exciting (and completely terrifying...). We were expecting to have to submit more bank statements...possibly a blood sample...maybe our first born, but the mortgage process went smoothly (so far... fingers remained crossed).
We had a major issue with the lot we initially chose, but we are back on track with a new lot. Right now we are deciding between 2 lots that back up to open space that is slated to be developed into a recreational area (playground, pavilion, volleyball court etc.). One of the lots has an additional 50 feet of open space on the side, but this space includes a 6 foot bike path. The debate continues so it may end up being an "eenie, meenie, miney, moe..." situation.
We fell in love with the Bainbridge Hall floor plan and have carefully gone over every inch of the house in choosing our upgrades. Here is what we are going to have:
- Elevation E (adds 2 feet to the dining room and 1 ft. to the foyer)
- 5th bedroom (gives us a larger master suite that will be over the garage as well as additional closet space)
- Sitting room in master BR
- Soaking tub and shower with bench in master bath
- Morning room with 2 additional windows
- 4 foot extension on family room (gives us an additional closet off the morning room)
- Gas fireplace with blower package and granite surround
- Standard kitchen island (originally wanted the gourmet island, but it was so large that it restricted movement in the kitchen and access to the basement. The model home in MD actually removed the gourmet island because of how awkward it ended up being)
- 42" Cherry Bordeaux cabinets in kitchen
- Cherry Bordeaux vanities in the upstairs bathrooms
- Granite counter tops
- Stainless steel appliances
- Upgraded carpet padding
- Brushed nickel faucets and fixtures in all bathrooms
- Moen one-touch kitchen faucet
- Recessed lighting in the kitchen
- Service door in the garage
- Utility sink in garage
- We were offered a finished basement, but have decided to exchange it for upgraded insulation in the garage (since our bedroom is going to be over the garage),an insulated garage door, 1/2 closed cell insulation on all exterior walls, upgraded HVAC, and upgraded tile surround in upstairs bathroom
We're looking for a settlement date at the end of May. We get married at the end of June, so we hope to move in after the honeymoon. The next 5 months are going to be very busy!